Charity Outreach, Paid Work, and Employee Compensation Policy
Last updated: 17 November 2023
This Policy describes how Coulsdon Community Partnership (the "Site", "we", "us", or "our") is committed to supporting our community through charitable initiatives. This policy outlines the guidelines for acquiring contacts and seeking paid work for charity-specific jobs, compensating employees (collectively, the "Services"), all while maximising the impact on the community. For purposes of this Policy, "you" and "your" means you as the employee providing the Services pursuant to this Policy.
The purpose of this Policy is to establish a structured approach for identifying and securing paid Service opportunities, compensating employees when necessary, and ensuring responsible financial management to achieve our charitable goals.
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time, including to reflect changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. We will post the revised Policy on the Site, update the "Last updated" date and take any other steps required by applicable law.
Research and Networking:
- We will conduct thorough research to identify potential Services in the community, businesses, and relevant sectors.
- Engage in networking events, both online and offline, to establish Services with individuals and organisations aligned with our charitable goals.
- Collaboration Opportunities: Actively seek collaborations with local businesses, governmental bodies, and other charities to expand our network and reach.
Seeking Paid Services for Charity-Specific Jobs
- Identifying Services: Regularly monitor relevant job boards, government grants, and corporate social responsibility programs for Services that align with our charitable objectives.
- Develop compelling proposals showcasing our expertise and the potential impact of our charitable initiatives.
- Tailor proposals to the specific requirements of each Service, emphasising our commitment to social responsibility.
- Transparent Communication: Clearly communicate our charitable status and mission when engaging with potential clients or partners to ensure alignment with our values.
Compensation for Employees
Definition of Paid Services:
- Compensation for employees will be defined by specific funding and Services to be completed as agreed by a majority vote by the trustees.
- All paid Services will be undertaken under fixed-term Services.
- Maximising Volunteer Impact: The primary goal is to utilise volunteers to maximise the impact on the community. Paid Services will be considered when necessary to achieve specific objectives.
- Paid Experts: If paid Services are required, we will obtain at least three quotes to ensure the best value for the organisation.
Income Generation and Allocation
- Financial Sustainability: Seek paid Service opportunities that contribute to the financial sustainability of Coulsdon Community Partnership.
- Allocation of Funds: Funds generated through paid Services will be allocated towards supporting and expanding our charitable programs and community initiatives.
- Alignment with Values: Prioritise Services that align with our values and contribute positively to the community.
- Transparency: Maintain transparency in all communications and transactions related to paid Service opportunities and compensation, ensuring stakeholders are aware of our charitable status.
Reporting and Accountability
- Documentation: Maintain thorough documentation of all contacts, proposals, paid Service activities, and compensation.
- Regular Reporting: Provide regular reports to the trustees on the outcomes of our efforts to secure paid Services and compensate employees.
Compliance with Regulations
Legal Compliance: Ensure that all activities related to seeking paid Services and compensating employees comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including those related to charitable status.
Review and Amendments
Regular Review: Periodically review and assess the effectiveness of our approach in acquiring contacts, securing paid Services, and compensating employees.